I’ve been traveling on a train for about 12 hours from Vienna to Rome. I’m actually writing this on the train because, frankly, I have nothing else to do. I don’t have any books, and I’ve already finished editing my photos. There is absolutely nothing else to do. I saw some gorgeous countryside along the way. Unfortunately, our train left at 7:23, and I only got to see the great scenery until the sun set. It really is very beautiful here.
Germany and Vienna are now behind me. One trip was stressful because of all the traveling, but it was definitely a lot of fun! I wouldn’t trade it for anything. The latter of the trips was also eventful; from having to find numerous hotels, to spending practically my entire budget, it was quite an adventure. From this adventure, however, I learned a lot. Everything in life is a learning experience, and this definitely was a large and expensive one. I learned that you really do get what you pay for. But hey, you can’t take your debt to heaven, right?! At least that’s what my friend always tells me. (Mom, I know you just cringed at that statement.. Haha!!) I really need to do a lot of cooking at home, and no more going out to eat. I just can’t do it any longer.
If this trip to Rome is anything like it was the last time, it will definitely be a lot of fun. I’m very excited about it, although I still miss the great guys I spent time with in Germany. Our tour guide, Kerstin, was also so great! Definitely one of the nicest people I’ve met. She knew so much about the history of Germany; she really made the trip interesting. It would have been better had our group not been so tired all the time, but that comes with traveling to another city just about each day. At any rate, I hope Kerstin enjoyed our group as much as we enjoyed having her with us.
Am I excited about going home? Of course I am. I miss my family and friends, and the familiar lifestyle. Europe has a lot to offer, and I really do love it over here – but only on holiday. I don’t think I could make a living over here, mainly because it would require something huge in my life to happen. To be honest, there’s only one thing I could do over here, and that is teach music. I will never be a performer; nor do I want to be one. The big orchestra conducting gigs are pretty much filled for a long time, and that leaves me with not much else. One day, I would love to buy a home over here, and have it as a get-away place for my family. One day….
As for now, I need to focus on getting back home, finish what I’ve started, and begin my career.
Can you tell I’m bored on this train? Anyway, I will leave it at that. I’ve already bored you to tears, so I will stop.
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey! Feel free to leave me some comments. I know I'll enjoy reading them all! If you don't have an account, please don't post anonymously - at least tell me who you are. Thanks!